What can cause fever,ear pain, swelling and difficulty in swallowing ?

I ve been sick for 3 days now. The first two I ran a high fever . Yesterday it was elevated but lower. I ve had horrible throat pain/swelling. I ve taken ibuprofen to treat it but feel like after 4 days it should be getting better. If I don t take my ibuprofen on schedule my ears start to itch from the swelling then the pain gets bad. I took my last dose 6 hours ago and woke up and can barely swallow. I went into the clinic hoping it was strep and could be treated. They tested me for strep and the flu and both came out negative. What should I do????
Asked On : Tue, 22 Mar 2011