What can be the reason for enlargement of the heart ?

hi my name is islam and my age is 57 years docter says that my heart is little large now
Asked On : Wed, 9 Mar 2011
You didn't mention that you have hypertension or any other problem related to hreat ?
General & Family Physician Dr. Vaishali Hebbar's  Response
Hello There..
Welcome to health care magic forum..
There are various causes which can lead to increase in the size of your heart such as
normally though aerobic exercise and strength training, Pathologically hypertension, cardiovascular diseases, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cardiac fibrosis, connective tissue disorders can lead to increase in size of your heart..So Based on the type on disease which has lead to increase in the size of heart various treatment modalities are available. I would advice you to consult a cardiologist and discuss the further management of your condition.
Hope this helps..
Take care..