What can be the cause of throat pain that I am having for the past 4 months ?

I am 26 yrs old, Male. I have pain in my throat , right side area from the past 4 months - 1st Doctor - Streptococcie gram positive . No relief after 12 days of antibiotics 2nd (Well known hospital) - Elongated styloid process (New pain in throat below my jaw at the right side, slight swelling of the round node below throat in the right side) 3rd(Same Hospital)-NowSubmalble (SalivaryGland) infection(Lots of AntiBios, Norelief) 4th (Same hospital/ HOD) - both above were eliminated as causes (Elongated SP and Salivary gland infection) The following tests are now ordered. Doctor suspects problem in my nose and pain due to snoring while asleep. What are these tests used for: 1. CT PNS - Navidation CD 2. FLP Scopy 3. Polysomnography Are any of these tests to find cancer or tumorous growths? After 4 months I still do not know what is the problem I am facing putting aside the issues of eating heavy doses of antibiotics and money spent on these medicines, consultations and various x-rays. Please advice.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jul 2011