What can be done to make a dry skin healthy ?

my skin is totally dry, always I will apply moisturiser still it is dry please suggest me some good tips to keep skin healthy.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jul 2011
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
u may have atopy i.e a condition with dry skin allergic tendencies to dust smoke etc sometimes rhinitis or asthma. If u have any such features kindly visit a dermatologist for complete treatment.if not try these tips
apply moisturiser or body lotion like cetaphil immediately after bath.also reapply before sleep
avoid the sun n any harsh chemical products .use glycerine soap
drink lots of water n.have a balanced diet include fruits n nuts
General Surgeon Dr. Faraz Ahmed's  Response
thanks for query
i am telling how skin become healthy
1.The most important way to take care of your skin is to protect it from the sun. A lifetime of sun exposure can cause wrinkles, freckles, age spots and rough, dry skin. Sun exposure can also cause more-serious problems, such as skin cancer. For the most complete sun protection:
Smoking makes your skin look older and contributes to wrinkles. Smoking narrows the tiny blood vessels in the outermost layers of skin, which decreases blood flow. This depletes the skin of oxygen and nutrients, such as vitamin A, that are important to skin health. Smoking also damages collagen and elastin — fibers that give your skin its strength and elasticity. In addition, the repetitive facial expressions you make when smoking — such as pursing your lips when inhaling and squinting your eyes to keep out smoke — may contribute to wrinkles.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Skin may be unhealthy even due to how you eat and sleep. You need to avoid sun exposure. Use a sunscreen like SPF30 with moisturiser during the day. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables and drink 6-8 glasses of water a day which works wonders in bringing back health and hydration to skin. Exercise daily by brisk walking for 40 minutes a day which helps flush toxins and improve immune system to make healthier skin. Get 6-8 hours of sleep a day which is also needed for great skin health. You can use a ice cube and mildly rub in circular motion along your face which helps increase circulation and makes comfortable also.