What can be done to initiate the immune system since treatment is not working for septicemia with meningitis and pneumonia ?

My brother (age 24) has meningitis with septicemia and pneumonia . Treatment was a bit delayed because doctors thought at first that it was morbilli( measles ). The main problem is that leukocytes are quiet and that the treatment is not working as strong as it should be, because 7 days have passed and he is in the same state as he was when meningitis was discovered. He has no medical history . He don t smoke or intoxicate any other way. Can something be done to initiate his immune system?
Asked On : Sun, 19 Jun 2011