What can be done for the spasms in my legs ?

Hi I have a lot of spasms in my legs which burn like hell. I cannot walk up straight and cannot stand for a long time. It is more in my right leg
Asked On : Mon, 7 Mar 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic. These leg spasms can be due to overextension of the muscles, overweight, prolonged standing during the day,dehydration or alterations in the balance of salts in the bloodstream (such as a high or low calcium, sodium or potassium level).

Avoid prolonged standing in day, drink plenty of water and fluids in the day and take some multivitamin and multimineral supplements. If you are overweight, try losing some weight by taking healthy nutritious diet and limiting the intake of fatty foods. Also do regular mild exercises under a physical trainer.

if the symptoms persist then get it seen from a physician and get thyroid disease and neurological causes ruled out.
Hope it helps you. Regards.