What can be done for the cyst in my right ovary ?

Hello I am Mit. I am 31yrs old height 5ft 3 inches and weigh 55 kgs. Last week during an USG of whole abdomen it was found that I am having a cyst in my right ovary . The report says A cystic SOL (40mm*33mm*37mm=26cc) with regular and smooth outline noted at right ovary (52mm*42mm*48mm=57cc) without any septation, suspended debris or solid nodule. Kindly suggest me as regards the gravity of the problem. It may be noted that I am married since 2 years and I am planning to have a baby soon.
Asked On : Thu, 23 Jun 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic

Good Day
You probably have a benign epithelial cyst which can be removed by surgery. If left without operating it could cause torsion, intra-abdominal haemorrhage or could turn malignant. Best option would be to remove it. Kindly consult your Gynaecologist in this regard.