What can be done for carotid bruit and murmur in the chest during pregnancy ?

I am 30 years old, 23 weeks pregnant , have had a fever for 3 weeks, been tested for every disease known to man (twice!). I have elevated WBC esp. neutrophils, and sed rate. Now they ve found a carotid bruit and also a murmur in my chest ... clots don t seem to fit my history, how likely is it to be a clot?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Mar 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
Clots are unlikely in a normal pregnancy at your age. It might be possible that the carotid bruit was there earlier also but it got noticed by chance during the pregnancy only due to the investigations you underwent.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal