What can be brown discharge around period time being on birth control ?

i have been on b/c for six months now but this month i had a light brown discharge around the time my period should have started it lasted for about two days and stopped what could be causing this
Asked On : Sat, 27 Aug 2011
  Anonymous's Response
i am 19 and weight 160
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi,thanks for query.Normally there could be couple of reasons for this like,some missed tablets or irregular taking of tablets and second possibility is some local infection in your private parts.Please consult your doctor for this and get your self examined .Take the tablets as per routine.
wishing you good health.