What can I do to reduce back pain ?

i am working as software engineer i have back pain . i am sotting 10 hours daily
Asked On : Fri, 24 Jun 2011

Welcome to HCM.
Since you are spending lot of time siting down working on a computer, the back muscles are getting strained, causing pain.
This is one of the professional hazards that you are having.
Try to frequently change your posture and don't work continuously at a stretch. Take frequent breaks to stretch your legs and relax your back muscles.
Avoid taking any pain killers, as they are harmful to the body.
'Hi' Thanks for the query.
back pain problem & continuous sitting makes your back muscles along the vartebral column tired they need relaxation in between & need to be toned up otherwise the supprt they provide weakens up .. u therefore need to regularly go for stretch exercises esp for back muscles daily in morning as well as in between office work . moreover u need to pay attention to your posture while sitting it shud b comfortable esp the height of ur chair & table & ofcouse a good hydration with lots of drinks will certainly help you . avoid taking painkillers on regular basis