What can I do to lower my cholesterol without making huge changes to my lifestyle ?

What can I do to lower my cholesterol without making huge changes to my lifestyle? I was just told that heredity is catching up with me and that my cholesterol is moderately high. My doctor made recommendations to me, but I want to hear it from someone who has experienced this themselves. I am now taking fish oil supplements and also cutting back on red meat , eggs, fats, butter etc. I hate exercising, so lets be real here, I am not going to do that LOL (hey, I can admit it...working for UPS is enough exercise). I am also eating oatmeal or frosted mini-wheats every morning. Any recommendations on other changes I can make to help? Supplements? Foods? Thanks in advance! Prince-I was told by a pharmacist that taking one or the other (fish oil or flaxseed) didn t matter, but yes, it was recommended also. Hense my not trying that out. Thanks for your input Richard-you better darn believe that UPS is a hard job. I walk my a** off LOL! Omega 3 huh? I take a multivitamin, do you think taking more is better. I would hate to take vitamins I don t need...since they all come in horsepill sizes anyways :-) BLT-yeah this is pretty disheartening to me since I am only 28. I have never had problems before, so this hit me like a train to be 60 pts higher than I should be. Good way to learn that it runs in the family! Doctor said no drugs, he wants me to try to lower it naturally before that...which I respect since I hate taking pills . Thanks Mia...already doing that :-)
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009