What can I do to lower my BP ? i am 26.

I am 26 years old what can i do to lower my high blood pressure? I am 26 years old what can i do to lower my high blood pressure?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Dec 2009
Your diet is very essential for the proper regulation of your blood pressure. The food ratio of 6:2:1:1 as outlined by Dr. Burnard is the best I have found so far to regulate the diet in such a way that keeps you in excellent health no matter what health condition you have. I have elaborated more on this food ratio at;_ylt=Apb49o0_0NIJJ0bTC.3wGkrty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20090205075625AAF8aMT&show=7#profile-info-Th1EmKVtaa Eating a very wide variety of foods, varing your diet and sticking to the above mentioned food ratio will help your body to be properly nourished thus enhancing better organ functions. Also eating foods rich in anti-oxidants will reduce oxidation of cholesterol deposits on the blood vessels. Oxidized deposits usually reduces their flexibility leading up to high blood pressure. Eat mainly natural foods. These should include eggs, cows milk and other dairy product. Sea foods and sea vegetables, nuts and seeds are also very important in your diet. If you stick to the above mentioned food ratio, 60% of your diet would be of vegetables, 20% would be of fresh raw fruits, 10% of starchy vegetables and 10% of protein, hence your eggs, meats, milk, and other dairy products, sea foods, nuts and associated fats, and cholesterol should total only 10% of your diet - not enough to cause you harm. Besides the high volume of fiber associated with 60% vegetables and 20% fruits will absorb the excess dietary cholesterol to have it excreted. Hence there is no reason to deprive yourself of the nutritious benefits of the above foods inclusive of beef fearing the accumulation of cholesterol in the blood. And if you are taking care to vary your diet, you'd not be eating any one of these protein rich foods every day. Apart from the fact that it is impossible to totally avoid salt, sodium from sodium chloride is very essential for life. It is also essential for the regulation of body fluids as well as your blood pressure. Hypertensive patients excretes more salts through sweat and urine hence the importance of replacing it. Therefore total abstinence from salt is not the answer to lowering your blood pressure. Care however should be taken in the moderate use of salt. In cases such as steaming vegetables, with the use of very little water, the use of table salt can be eliminated. I usually fry plantains without the addition of salt. With the exception of egg, avoid adding salt to already prepared foods. The amount of sat used in cooking (which should be moderate) is adequate. It is very important to use the allium vegetables in your diets. These are foods such as onions, garlic, scallion, chive, leek and shallots. These vegetables are rich in antioxidants and has the characteristics of keeping the blood less viscus. It is important to maintain 8 to 10 glasses of water each day and exercise. Exercise can take the form of brisk walking. One other thing. Do not use artificially prepared seasoning for the flavoring of your foods. Use the allium vegetables along with thyme instead.