What can I do for the persisting headaches which subsides only after taking medicines ?

I have had a headache for 8 days. I tried advil and tylenol and it didn t so much as touch the pain. On day 5 i went to the ER and they gave me IV Morphine and dilated. The onlything those meds did was give me relief in sleep. ONce i woke up the headache was still there and still strong. I don t know what to do. can you help? They didn t run any tests beyond a blood test at the ER. After i told them I had bipolar and had been off my meds for more than six months, i guess they felt it wasn t necessary. I don t think my bipolar has anything to do with this. Recent developements in the past two days, every time i eat i throw up. the pain is so intense that i can t sleep unless i take one of the pills they prescribed me at the hospital, and that only gives me a couple of hours before the pain is so bad it wakes me up . I can t function, and i m an online college student. I have to get my school work done and can t take a week off to be sick. I d be greatful for any answers. should I go back to the ER? demand they run tests? what should I do?
Asked On : Mon, 23 May 2011