What can I do for anxiety and nervousness?

Hi, I wonder if you can give me some advice. My partner, Debbie, who is 26 years old has recently became very anxious and nervous around people and does all that she can so that she doesn t have to speak to people. This is even the case with her friends, who she barely sees anymore. Do you have any advice on this? Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 4 Apr 2012
Dentist, Periodontics 's  Response
thanks for the concern
I think she is hurt/stressed by some problem which she is not able to bear mentally.
yes only you can solve her problem as you are her partner, you need to take her into confidence and trust, with care and love ask whats that problem or stress that is disturbing her mentally. tell her you are next to her in all situations and ready to share and solve her problem.then she may speak to you the things thats hurting her.
Take her to a cool, calm place.spend time with her. these will surely change her mood and make her relax and speak.
Hope this helps you