What birth control method can be followed by a hypertension patient ?

Acute Left Kidney causes High Blood Pressure...needs Birth control? Any recommendations? Five years ago, at the age of 20, I was diagnosed with Hypertension , which was later discovered to be the effect of an acute left kidney {a birth defect}. I have not been treated for the Hypertension in five years due to lack of insurance. However, I have been off and on birth control {with no estrogen} and just recently after an updated Pap test , I was told that my BP was too high to be prescribed any type of birth control, so I have been without for almost a month now and am wondering if there is a safe method of Birth control, such as the IUD , that will work for me without hormones? Also, I am working on getting health insurance to begin maintaining the care of my BP. Please help!!!
Asked On : Thu, 17 Mar 2011