A normal blood pressure is 120/80 or lower. High blood pressure
is 140/90 or higher. If your blood pressure is between 120/80 and 140/90, you have something called "prehypertension
Treatment begins with changes you can make to your lifestyle to help lower your blood pressure and reduce your risk of heart disease
. If these changes don't work, you may also need to take medicine.
Even if you must take medicine, making some changes in your lifestyle can help reduce the amount of medicine you must take.
- Don't smoke cigarettes or use any tobacco product.
- Lose weight if you're overweight
- Exercise regularly.
- Eat a healthy diet that includes lots of fruits and vegetables and is low in fat.
- Limit your sodium, alcohol and caffeine intake.
- Try relaxation techniques
I think with the above changes in your lifestyle the High BP can be reduced considerably and you are requeired to moniter the BP at regular intervals and see your Physician.