What are triglycerides ?

my doctor says its elevated.what to do about it?.am 38 yrs old.
Asked On : Wed, 2 Mar 2011
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
triglycerides are another form of fat the body produces.elevated levels could be due to overweight/obesity/smoking/alcohol in excess/physical inactivity/carbs rich predisposes to heart disease ,stroke, as usually they will have high total cholestrol also
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for choosing health care magic.this is problem of today's fast life having too much of stress and less of physical activity.Triglycerides are type of fat molecule in the body and there higher level is not acceptable.We have different type of lipids in our body and triglycerides are among them.Higher level means you have more fat in your body,you need to take care about this limit fat intake in your diet,start regular physical activity minimum 150 minutes/week.With low or now physical activity,stress and poor eating habits increase risk of problems like hypertension,heart problems wake up.