What are these symptoms of my dad who is alcoholic feeling drowzy, taking burps and restless ?

Hi, my father is 54 years old and is an alcoholic. He recently was admitted in the hospital for behaving abnormally. He was feeling drowzy, was taking burps, was in half senses and was very restless. LFT,KFT nd other tests are all normal and the ammonia test showed that it is high in comparison to what should be the normal in the body. But he got recovered and came back but it has been three days only and he is again showing all those symptoms. What shall we do and how shall we proceed on with the treatment? please help..
Asked On : Mon, 28 Feb 2011