What are these symptoms of gaining weight, heavy feeling in lower abdomen and swelling in ankles before periods ?

My stomach and lower ab feels heavy before periods and light and comfortable after periods ? Before 4-5 days of periods I feel like I put on weight and fat in my lower abs & also feel like my stomach and lower ab become very heavy and bulky and also feel tight as if gas filled inside. But after periods start then 2 days later I feel like my stomach become light and easy and I feel relaxed and comfortable like I lost 2-3 kgs of weight. I am suffering from hypothyroid and insulin resistance since last 2 years but I think this problem was before this. But after being diagnosed with thyroid and ever since my weight has been increased, the problem become more worse. (I haven t tested PCOS or PCOD recently but last year I tested and it wasn t found in sonography) Also before periods I feel like swelling in ankles and feet and after periods swelling become less. However due to thyroid swelling in ankles is often but during pre-menstruation time or if I eat something citrus like imli chatni then it become worse. After periods, I feel like swelling disappears. However after few days it will be seen again. I am taking thyronorm 50 mcg but haven t started taking glycomat 500 mg yet as prescribed by doctor .
Asked On : Sat, 10 Dec 2011