What are these grey/light purple tissue which had small red lines which i passed out after taking birth control pills ?

Hi, I am 25 and I just started birth control 2 months ago. I just finished the last active pill of my second pack today. Four days ago I started to experience some worse-than-normal cramping and back pain , and the next day I started bleeding . I assumed that I had started my period early despite taking BC. The cramping and back pain continued. Yesterday I had even worse cramping and also felt a little nauseous. The bleeding continued. Today I passed some grey/light purple tissue and it had small red lines, like capillaries, running through it. Is this normal? Is it a sign that I was pregnant? Are there any actions that I should take? Thank you for your response.
Asked On : Sat, 4 Jun 2011