What are the symptoms that my hymen is broken?

what are the symptoms that my hymen is broken?
Asked On : Wed, 11 Aug 2010
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
broken hymen : Ruptured Hymen is not very esy to see on self examination.There are no symptoms.If it is broke you see the vaginal canal easily .Once broken in the early stages there may be small tags of vaginal skin or mucosa on the edges.It can break due to sex, Tampons, in Atheletes.
Some women get it repaired prior to marriage and this is called hymanoplasty and in this the opening is reduced with the remanants on the edges.
Dr Prakash Chhajlani. M.S.,M.Ch.
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon.
Ganga Jamuna Apartment,South Tukoganj.
Near Nath Mandir.Indore.452001.India
Tel.O & R. 91-731-2511411/12. R.2366588. Appointments:0731 2511411- 10.30-7 pm.
Web site:,