What are the symptoms of depression and how can they be treated ?

HI, For some reason , I have started to isolate myself from people who were close to me and who I love. Yet , miss all these people very much and have those frustrating feelings of guilt and remorse cos I am fully aware that how I act is wrong in many aspects. Also going trough an scary lack of interest for many things I used to like. Don t know how to overcome certain mind-blocking fazes when it comes to emotion expressing situations and feels like I want and need to do or say something, still remain motionless, speechless… I feel an immanent sadness even when is totally suppressed by my thoughts or actions.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Mar 2011