What are the side effects of sestil 20 mg tablets ?

Hi, I have given 20mg sestil tablet to my 28 months boy, is it have any impact?
Asked On : Fri, 2 Mar 2012
Thanks for using the HCM. I am happy to address your questions, this medication is used to treat sudden diarrhea. It works by slowing down the movement of the gut. This decreases the number of bowel movements and makes the stool less watery. It is also used to treat on-going diarrhea with inflammatory bowel disease. It treats only the symptoms, not the cause of the diarrhea (e.g., infection). Treatment of other symptoms and the cause of the diarrhea should be determined by your doctor. It is preferred not use in children younger than 6 years unless directed by your doctor. This medication should not be used in infants younger than 24 months (for your boy is 28 months). Common side effects are abdominal pain; distention or discomfort; constipation; nausea; vomiting; dry mouth. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks