What are the side effects of long term use of Avessa ?

My had have been adviced to take avessa during a partcular season... is it safe to take on long run ...
Asked On : Wed, 29 Feb 2012
Pulmonologist 's  Response

Thanks for posting the query on HCM.

Taking avessa inhaler is absolutely safe for long durations. Only youe need to take it with proper technique and rinse your mouth with water after taking the puff.

Please do get yourself evaluated from a pulmonologist regarding your airway disease and get medications prescribed from him accordingly.

Also consider flu vaccination in addition to the asthmatic medications.

Thanks for posting your query. Your father has probably been prescribed Avessa for seasonal exacerbation of asthma.

This is also usually prescribed along with other asthma control medications. This medicine needs to be used with caution by those who have certain health conditions like thyroid disease, ischemic heart disease, cardiac arrhythmias, high blood pressure etc. You can use it as long as your doctor prescribes it, but it is important not to raise the dose by yourself at any time.