What are the side effects of hypertensive?

My father is hypertensive and he is on medications. Does it have side effects?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jan 2010
What if it has, will you stop it? Dont think like an idiot man. When taken by the right person, it will have its effects and does not have much side effects as well. Moreover medicines which are given for long time are tested for its safety. They would have done a lot of trials before bringing it in the market.
  Anonymous's Response
Ok, just now i'm having acute pain in my abdomen because of this Cipcal. It has listed as a food supliment and had no other prospect than the one found on the box. I began use it for one week now day by day and yesterday I barely arrived at home with a big pain in my right abdominal region. I said it was only because I didn't drink enough water (even tough I was drinking normally) was I in so much pain.. Went to the toilet blah blah, after half an hour I was ok. Now, at 4:30 am my time was brought from bed by an accute pain. Went to the toilet and had the same problem..even now it's hurting me. So I went online and searched for the prospect that they "forgot" to put... well, here it is, , see Adverse Drug Reactions ... Contraindications ... and Special Precautions ... I had some kidney problems before, but because they didn't put a prospect on I just tought it was safe. And it's given without any recipe, so... I don't wish you have my pains. Be careful what drugs you use...
  Anonymous's Response

It is neded for controlling his blood pressure back to normal. Do not stop taking them. He also has to report any dizziness, nausea, leg swelling, arms and feet pain/paresthsia immediately to the treating doctor.