What are the side effects of feeding the infant with formula?

i am a new mother to my 1 month old son.I was breastfeeding him for about a week then had problems with my breast ,my doctor then advised that I stop breastfeeding,i then started formula milk.I used Nan 1 starter infant formula but am not really confortable with the message on the cover of the can,its so scary .so i really dont know if formula feeding was a good idea.What are the side effects of usinig formula ?am so confused ,am using Molten to clean my son s feeding bottles but on the cover of the formula they say i should boil the bottles .
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013