What are the side-effects of contraceptive injections ? Can pregnancy occur inspite of taking these injections ?

Hi my name is lisa I ve Been on the Contraceptive Injection for nearly a year now n had no problems yet , not had a period yet either .. The past week or so I ve Been experiencing pain in my stomach like something is kicking me faintly inside and I get pain after I ve eaten aswell it seems to b there alot, it onli seems to b t lower abdominal were the pain is I feel sick but it comes and goes , get frequent headaches and my gums have started to bleed aswell now when I brush them, I keep gettin backache but it comes and goes .. I ve did a pregnancy test last night n it was negative please help what could it b
Asked On : Sun, 30 Jan 2011