What are the side effects of a tampon left deep inside vagina for weeks ?

hi Dr Grief. my name is AAAA im 17 and i have a really messed up issue! Yesterday i found a 1 week old tampon lodged far up inside my vagina then JUST then i found ANOTHER one which would have been there for about a week aswell. I feel sick in the stomach and feel very tired and im scared because ive heard women can die from Toxic Shock Syndrom from having a tampon in for too long. I even had sex while they were in there (before i was aware ofcourse) and the guy didnt feel anything different and neither did I. Also, the smell was putrid when i got them out. HELP! Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012