What are the red tissues in upper throat that cause pain and voice change also ?

I have red tissuess in upper throat for more than 5 years. I mostly affected by tonsil infection, sinius and pharyngitis . Last time when I saw my GP I asked him about my tissues appear in my throat and he told me it seems viral infection. My voice sometimes change. Sometimes I find it painful in red tissues appeared in my throat. Sometimes they become small but sometimes the size is changed with tonsil infection or sinus . What the reason of those red tissues? What is it?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012