What are the neurological complications of Cerebral Malaria ?

1) What are the neurological complications of Cerebral Malaria ? It was Four years back since I have suffered from an attack of malaria.And, the onset of illness was a week back with complaints of headache , fever , nausea and vomiting. Then, I was admitted to hospital and I had been stayed in Coma for seven days. Blood smears confirmed infestation by falciparum malaria. And its complications followed by Acute Renal Failure then immediate hemodialsis treatment started with all supportive care, after third session my condition markedly improved but I have developed psycho-neurological symptom complex. After three weeks of stay in the hospital, Liver and renal function tests markedly reduced, then I was partially recovered and discharged. Although, EEG and MRI imaging four weeks after the onset of illness have shown normal findings, I was told by the doctor as I have brain stem encephalopathy and peripheral neuropathy. I am now a 36 years old man having difficulty in walking as well as writing. And also I have minimal difficulty to talk. I have visited so far to notable neurologists in this country, but all recommend me one thing ‘’physical exercise’’ however, my conditions get worsening while I started to exercise. Now, I have stopped all exercises except walking using a standing frame. 2) What will you recommend me to be able to walk again and work independently? 3) The following was some of the results from a lab. report during admission to hospital bilirubin (d):13.7mg/dl, bilrubn (t) : 120.3 mg/dl,RBC:110mg/dl,HCT :28.8%, Hgb:4.6mg/dl,ALP 214iu/l,BUN 138.6mg/dl,Creatinine :16.4mg/dl SGOT and SGPT of 130iu/dl and71iu/dl respectively?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Mar 2011