What are the natural remedies to reduce BP ?

Hi, I found many cook books on the internet for low fat recipe and to reduce blood pressure. I found most of the recipes are American or Italian or something else. Has anyone tried to get some recipes of Indian cuisine and if so please help me with a link? Many sites say that those recipes were recommended by the American Heart Association. Is there anything called Indian Heart Association and if so what is the diet or cook book that is recommended by it.
Asked On : Tue, 6 Oct 2009
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Dr. Puneet Maheshwari, ENT Specialist      Dr. Puneet Maheshwari, ENT Specialist
welcome to health car magic
well take regular medications and record your b.p readings regularly and take balanced diet
  Anonymous's Response
low sodium salt and beet root helps to reduce stress relivers and excercise will definately benefit
  Anonymous's Response
Simple and most effective home remedy is water. Drink at least 3 liters of water to keep your blood pressure checked. Fresh juice of Adathoda Vasica 30 ml in empty stomach for 30 days is also an effective home remedy.

Follow the Apple Diet The Apple diet is one of the best and easiest ways to help boost the weight loss efforts. It appears there are many versions of this diet. Here's an easy to use version that will give you slow, steady weight loss. This is not an extreme diet like you may think. Rule #1: Eat 1-2 Apples before each meal, minimum of 3 times a day. Before breakfast, eat 2 Apples. Before lunch, eat 2 Apples. Before dinner, eat 1 Apple. So you eat 5 total Apples a day. Rule #2: Eat whatever you want for meals. This rule is simple... eat whatever you want, just as long as you eat 2 Apples before breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Obviously eating healthier than normal would help your weight loss efforts even more, but it's not 100% necessary. You can replace 1 Apple with an Pomegranate before breakfast and lunch. you should notice a steady weight loss. It won't be extremely fast however it will give very good results. More over it will control your blood sugar levels and hypertension in control

Call 1800 425 4325 (India)/ 00 91 9940079511 for a personalised Hypertension health Plan, Program, Online Consult etc.
General & Family Physician Dr. Syed Anwar Nadeem's  Response
Are you Known Hypertensive If yes then there is some solution
  Anonymous's Response

Basic funda of BP lowering diet is that it is low in salt and high in fiber. In Indian cuisine, that means avoiding all food where u have to put high amount of salt and oil. such as anything deep fried. I dont thik there is an Indian heart association that validates recipes. I have drastically reduced the amount of salt that i use in food after my hubby was diagnosed with BP and dont sprinkle salt on salads. For breakfast we have oatmeal and walnuts, for lunch veggie+daal+chapatis, fruits and sprouts in evening, and soup and salad (flavored with pepper, oregano etc but minimum salt) at night.

Hmm... I would suggest you to take the advice of a nutritionist instead of searching the internet as the source of seeking good diet to reduce the blood pressure. I asked my doctor for some dietary instructions to reduce the blood pressure, he could only say me some restrictions and redirected me to a dietician. I think he has no enough idea of the exact diet in reducing bloodpressure or dietary formulas in keeping fit. I was much helped by a dietician in this aspect.
I have no idea of these Indian Heart association recommendations. I would else ask about this too. Please post me some advice if you happen to meet the dietician.

Why do you need that, if it is that you are having high BP due to cholesterol, chew raw garlic early morning, it will help you. Also having pomegranate juice in empty stomack helps. Even having warm water with lemon sqeeze and a sppon of honey in empty stomack helps. Try these.