What are the important medical tests to help understand and manage hypertension ?

What are the important medical tests to help understand and manage hypertension Hi. My father is suffering from hypertension and hypo tension lately--after he started taking anti-TB medications. He s seeing an internal medicine doctor, a pulmonologist , a dibetologist, a neurologist , and also a neuro-opthalmologist as well (for his eyes, because his left eye had some sort of loacalized paralysis). His internal medicine doctor asked him to take lozartan and aspirin 80mg for his blood pressure. But despite that, he still suffers from low blood pressure (89/60) in the morning and sometimes high blood pressure in the afternoon (175/85). Now, as I don t know anymore what to do and who to go to, I brought him to a cardiologist this time--despite the fact that my father said his heart is OK. The cardiologist ask him to undergo 2D Echo and 24 hr ambulatory procedure for BP (despite the fact that we have BP monitor at home already). My questions are: 1) Will those tests be beneficial and helpful--considering that those procedures are not that cheap? 2) What kind of doctor can truly help my father with his hypertension?
Asked On : Wed, 12 Oct 2011