What are the harms of leukorrhea ?

what are the harms of leukorrhea?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Jan 2011
The last time I got my period was January 4th 2011. This month I got spotting on February 9th - 12th 2011. There was no blood, just brownish discharge that was fairly light. It was like I was finishing my period when I didn't even begin it. On Feb 14th I did a pregnancy test and it came out negative. I was still nervous since I had never spotted like that in my life. So since it came with two in the pack, I waited 3 days and on Feb 17th I did it again. It also came out negative.
I tried to ignore it and just think that maybe I was freaking out for no reason, and I would wait until March and see if I get my period then.
Yesterday, thought, I noticed when I wiped after going to the washroom I had a bunch of muccus like stuff on the tissue. It was so thick! It was clear with a bit of white spots. No foul smell or anything. Just this Egg yolk like susbstance.
I googled it and it said it was called leukorrhea or a muccus plug.....So I don'y know what to think anymore.
I don't want to rush to the doctors when I am probably not pregnant.
No cramps, no tender brests....
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
I dont believe you are pregnant.If you dont get a period this month then you need to see a doctor and some tests to be done.The mucous you saw was normal usually seen during ovulatory phase.
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
Leucorrhea is basically white discharge.It can be normal or abnormal.Many women get discharge during various phases of their cycle.But when leucorrhea is caused due to infection then its a problem.Various types of infection are there.Treatment is usually simple.If untreated the infection when severe can spread to the upper GU tract.