What are the different types of birth control method? Currently practicing withdrawal method. Periods delayed. Pregnant?

I am recently get married.Myself and my partner does not want a child for the next 1 year.I usually do the withdraw method during sex.My problem is that this month she does not had her period.Its more that one week then her schedule date of her period.Is she got pregnant.As she cannot practice to take contraceptive pills,suggest some other modes of conception method so that it cannot affect our sexual life.Awaiting for your early response
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi,i think she is pregnant,please confirm pregnancy by doing a urine pregnancy test.urine pregnancy kit available in all medical stores.Withdawal method is not completely safe.there is a pre ejaculation fluid which also contain sperms which can cause pregnancy.
other modes of contraception are- u can use condom which is very effective and cheap and freely available.

OBGYN Dr. Mrs Sumeet Baheti's  Response
She should get a pregnancy test done using early morning urine sample.There is a strong possibility that she is pregnant.