What are the chances that a new born baby will contract chicken pox from a suffering family member?

Hi, This is a related to Chicken Pox . In my house , one of the family member is having chicken pox , we identified it one day back with red rashes . 1) My New born Baby ( 3 months ) is also living in the same house . What are the chances that chicken pox will be spread to the baby ? 2) Is there anything preventive we can do for the baby ? 3) How critical is it for the baby if she gets chicken pox. Regards, Sasi.
Asked On : Fri, 16 Mar 2012