What are the chances of survival after kidney transplant for a 80 yr old having chronic renal failure ?

my grandfather is 80 years old and he was diagnosed of having a chronic renal failure stage 5.. Is it possible for him to survive if he undergo a kidney transplant? I am willing to donate my kidney for him.. another option is dialysis but i think that would be painful to him. He told me that the dextrose inserted to him NaCl was painful so I thought how much more if he will undergo dialysis 2x a week that ll be very painful. I want kidney transplant for him. pls help me.. thanks
Asked On : Mon, 11 Apr 2011