What are the causes of kidney stones ?

I met a doctor and for back pain..after doing ultrasound...he said I am having kidney stones, I want to know what are the causes of kidney stones??
Asked On : Fri, 16 Oct 2009
i am a dietician...i am posting this as per my knowledge..Diet may or may not be an issue. If a person is susceptible to forming stones, then foods high in calcium may increase the risk, however if a person isn't susceptible to forming stones, nothing in the diet will change that risk..
Heredity: Some people are more susceptible to forming kidney stones, and heredity certainly plays a role. The majority of kidney stones are made of calcium, and hypercalciuria (high levels of calcium in the urine), is a risk factor...this is what my doctor told me when i got stones??
is there anything i have to change about my diet??i dont have stones now ...