What are the causes for frequent bleeding and spotting and how can this condition be treated ?

I usually have a period at the end of the month that rolls over to the first or later. Its usually 3 days then 2days of spotting if that. Last month (april)I came on a week earlier than usual (april 22) it lasted longer than usual ( april 29). Then Sunday april 1st I was spotting again, so I went to the hospital & got diagnosed with a UTI. Then on May 6 I came on again it lasted until the May 9th, then today May 12th its like Im spotting again. I douched to see what would come out & it was light blood .. Something is wrong but idk what, can someone give me some answers ?
Asked On : Fri, 13 May 2011
Hi,thanks for query.It is possible that it may not be bleeding related to period.In presence of infection or sometimes local ulcer this kind of things happens.In a condition where there is redness and inflammation of vagina this can happen.Please visit your doctor again and go for local genital examination.This will give some idea about your bleeding.Under the influence of some hormonal drugs it can also happen.please see your doctor.bye.