What are the causes and remedies for cervicovagintis ?

Good day to u doctor . .my sister is 43 y.o. and 2 mos. pregnant . .her cythopathology result say she is having acute cervicovagintis severe=M 0/35/65; marked inflammatory background. .what causes it and what s the treatment?she is living in a remote area and has to travel to go to an OB Gyne. .thank you
Asked On : Mon, 27 Jun 2011
welcome to healthcaremagic
it is better to get culture/sensitivity tests done from discharge or swab and proper antibiotics taken accordingly
she is in early pregnancy . she needs to be explained about the condition and effects on developing foetus
at this age she needs supportive treatment for the growth of the foetus
it is better she be under gynecologist's treatment where monitoring the growth of foetus can be done