What are some medical diagnosis that need a blood test to detect autism?

Ok I know this may be a tough one to answer, Recently my boyfriend has been told by his mother (whom we work with, please see previous question - What do I do about these horrible people at work?) That he will need to get a blood test done as one of his children (a Child from his past relationship, who now lives with my boyfriend’s sister because his ex ‘Couldn’t handle raising the three children on her own and abandoned them) is being tested for Autism and apparently his ex will also need to do a blood test also. However my friends have been tested and no blood tests where not needed from either parent or patient. I also did some research myself and rectified that this was the case, that no blood tests are needed to diagnose Autism. So I figured that they would need the test results for something else I just can’t figure out what. His mother also said that his sister says that the child (being the eldest daughter) ‘walks funny’ which could potentially be due to injury they suspect is caused by my boyfriend but he isn’t violent at all even in arguments with me he is very passive and if anything just drops the subject all together. I have been trying t compile a list of things they could possibly need blood test results from both parents for but I don’t know where to begin unless they have run tests for HIV but I doubt they would, there is no reason to do so unless they found that the mother is and are trying to blame it on my boyfriend. What are some medical diagnosis that need a blood test from both parents?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012