What are cavities ? What is the procedure to fill them ?

when there is a gap inside a tooth...can it be filled?? and with what?
Asked On : Thu, 19 May 2011
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
hi.cavities are formed due to decaying of tooth, which takes place because of bacterial activity and it is known as dental caries.if cavities are small they can be filled either by amalgam or composites.if cavities are large with pulpal exposure then root canal treatment should be done.wish u good health
Dentist Dr. Vishal Jain's  Response

when there is gap between the teeth. we have to do smile design.
it depends on number of factors like- amount of gap, positioning of adjacent tooth, strength of adjoining tooth, oral hygiene of the patient etc.

depending upon the diagnosis and treatment plan gaps can be filled with number of procedures like- composite build up, crowns, laminated, orthodontic wiring atc.
Dr. Vishal Jain.
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
u need to consult dentist.
gap between teeth can be fill up by specially design cement like material that fix in teeth for ever.
till that u need to keep it clean and do not allow anything to plug in it as it will cause caries.