What are Ovarian Cysts and how they are different from mass ?

myself 27 and wife 24 years old. married 1.5 years before. for infertility treatment , my wife underwent endovalginal sonography scan on 13th day of period and 3rd day after mensses, and found syst/mass in size of 4.8*7.2 and 5.5*5.5 in Rt and Lt ovary respectively. this is the comment from scan specialist put on the medical record seems solid, firm (LT) sides T.O mass, so Adviced to Mini laparotomy , then doctor refered for syst removal , she went to operation theater and came back with in 15 minutes with having AAAAAAA my doctor told, they did not removed any syct because it seems too mass . so they told us to perform CA-125 and Li6 test and no treatment for infertility. myself and wife is new to the state, city, hospital and we dont know the local laguage and no native people to know and we came this city for job, more than that, the doctor who did the operation is not the seniior doctor we consulted it was a junior doctor who is learing... these are my questin, 1. can this sonogram scan able to realize wheteher it ovarien syst or mass ? 2. why they didnt remove the mass and told she is 24 yeras age so not needed urgently? 3. why for CA-125 and IL 6 blood test ? 4. What way we need to approach this ? Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 29 Feb 2012