What anti- allergic medicine other than Atarax and cetzine should my mother take for itching who is undergoing treatment for drug-induced hepatitis ?

Sir, My mother suffered from pleural effusion about two months ago. She was treated with AKT4 kit but after a week of taking that she sufferred from drug-induced hepatitis and was in the hospital for 19 days. Then the doctor changed her AKT4 to Combutal, Pyzina, Solonex, and L-cin along with two months of streptomycin injection. Now she is tolerating the medicines well but the only complaint now is of itching all over her body. My question to you is would you kindly suggest anything for her itching. She has taken anti- allergic medicine in the form of Atarax 10 mg and cetzine both one tab daily.This medicine makes her sleepy and found some relief but not completely. So please kindly suggest some remedy so that she can live in peace andbe happy always. Yours sincerely Naveen Sharma.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jul 2011