What age can baby eat eggs ?

when I can feed egg to my baby
Asked On : Tue, 24 May 2011
when I can eat egg to my baby
Pediatrician Dr. Diana Divakar's  Response
Basically egg has some proteins which can be a little difficult to digest if given prematurely. Egg should be tried after 8 months. Gradually introduce any new food. Wait and see the response, how well the child likes it and digests it....only then continue it...Any food before being labelled as "my child does not like it" should be tried atleast 7 different times for the child....Bye take care...Always there to answer your questions...byeeeee.

Hi.. Thank you for posting your doubt on and giving us the opportunity to clear you doubt. Well, you can feed an egg to your baby by 9 to 10 months. Initially, you might have to give her the egg white only and watch carefully if she tolerates it well. You can then gradually introduce the egg yolk too.
Bear in mind, that whenever you are introducing a new food item to your child, see that you do it one at a time for about a week to know that she likes it and tolerates it.
Hope i have been successful in clarifying your doubt about introduction of egg in your baby's diet. It will be a pleasure to answer anymore of your doubts. Take care and stay healthy.