What additional blood tests should be ordered for a alcoholic person?

What additional blood tests should be ordered when a patient is an alcoholic? My boyfriend is going to see his GP to request a full blood workup due to recent chest pains and a visit to the hospital emergency. He has been drinking a lot of alcohol over the past several years, and I was wondering if there are additional blood tests he should request from his doctor that might point out problems with liver/ spleen function or vitamin deficiencies. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009