Went on a eating tour. Having chest pain. ECG, chest X-ray normal. Heart problem or gastric?

Good evening , 3 days ago after 2 days heavy meal ( holiday - eating tour ) heart or chest area felt very pain ( scale of 10 - 6 to 7 ) immediately rush to nearest hospital . Done 2 times ECG ( interval of 2 hrs each time - doctor said normal , x -ray on chest done - normal ) lastly blood test done on AST and CK - doctor said can detect even mild heart attack ! Result - AST 24 - normal but doc said CK 299 very high ! If both high doc said confirm heart attack ! Need to do one more test but have to do it at another hospital because need to go back to work the next 2 days . Doc suspect gastric or heart burn - gave medication . but pain happen again ! So any doc out there , can pls help me ,as pain only occur after 1.00 am each night. Sleepless night for the past 2 nights . Friends recommend to see specialist .
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
thank you.
some thing need to be considered.
are you alcoholic,smoker,hypertensive,diabetic or history of same type chest pain.
level of CK-MB more than 28 is suggestive of acute myocardial injury.
sometime ECG is normal although the heart disease is present.
now,this is the time to consult a cardiologist.

General & Family Physician Dr. Michelle Gibson James's  Response
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Heart related pain usually occurs in persons with a history of heart disease, hypertension, diabetes ,high cholesterol or obesity. In most cases there is a previous history of chest pain on activity though this may not occur in all persons. The pain is usually central, feel tight or like pressure, associated with shortness of breath, palpitations, excess sweating and feeling of impending doom.

Though your pain can be cardiac in origin, GERD (gastroesophageal reflux) occurs mainly at night or early morning.
It is felt as a epigastric or chest pain, can be severe, burning in nature.
It is normally treated by modification of lifestyle- avoiding large meals, avoiding fried/fatty/spicy/acidic foods, waiting at least 2 hrs before lying down and weight loss if necessary.

You may want to consider seeing a cardiologist to rule out any cardiac abnormalities .

I hope this helps