Went off of birth control. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. Is it safe to start the pills again?

Hi, I went off of birth control a few months ago, and haven t got my period yet. I was worried and took a pregnancy test but it came back negative, and I figured that my body just needed to get my hormones back on track. Now my boyfriend is coming back and i d like to go back on birth control again to be protected. Is it safe to start taking it again even though I still haven t got my regular period?
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
One thing is sure that you are not pregnant now . How ever you are taking risk. There are many safe methods of family planing available for both of you. Discus the matter with your boy friend then consult doctor.