Weird feeling in throat, sudden gagging. First noticed it after drinking coffee. Related to caffeine intake?

hi! i have been observing a weird feeling with my throat . everytime i swallow i feel something s wrong with my right side of throat. it feels dry (just the part mentioned). I also feel like gagging all of a sudden. most often if i am talking so much (like 20 mins straight talk). at first i thought it has something to do with caffeine coz i noticed it first when i had coffee with a friend and as we drink and talk I feel uncomfortable.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
HI I read your mail and as you said that you have wierd feeling in your throat after taking coffee,suddenly you have gagging also, all these suggest that you have ingested something wrong with coffee which had either gets lodge in your throat at right side or it had developed some ulcerative lesion on right portion of throat,thus you are adviced to go to your for clinical examination of throat and possibly endoscopy of throat which will disclose the facts.Thanks.