Weird feeling in chest.Sharp pain that stabs more when i breathe in.

Weird feeling in chest, Dr won't refer me to specialist because I'm only 31.? For the past couple of years, I ve had these weird feelings in the center of my breastbone (not near my heart) lower, directly above my stomach. There have been times I ve woken up with a sharp pain right there that stabs more when I breathe in. This has only happened once or twice. Now as I sit here, I feel a milder version of this (not painful) just noticable. I have mentioned this to my PCP (MY main Doc) and she said my insurance won t approve any referral like this because I am only 31 years old. I am a little paranoid because I had a young friend who died a few years ago from an aortic tear suddenly she was younger than I am now at the time. Are these discomforts common? Will asprin help something like this? What would you do? THANKS
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009