Weight loss with weakness, blood work show low glucose, alcoline phosphate and high CO2. Should be concerned ?

I took my atheletic son for bloodwork yesterday because he had been feeling weak in the morning and had been losing a lot of weight quickly. He eats very healthy; runs 6 miles a day, and plays trumpet. He is 6 feet tall, weighs 180 lbs and is 15 years old. Today the doctor called me and said the bloodwork showed a low glucose , low alcoline phosphate , and high CO2. he is running more tests on the blood for things I am not privy to at this time, but says he thinks it could be nutritional? should we be concerned? Should he still be running until this is figured out? Last night he had 3 episodes of blackouts lasting for 3 to 8 seconds.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Dear CRJackson97,

Thanks for your question.
The doctor's report of hypoglycemia (low glucose) may explain blackouts, and may suggest that your lad may not be getting enough glucose from his food; or that his metabolism of food needs further scrutiny. Low alkaline phosphatase levels is uncommon, and most times benign. High CO2, may well suggest that samples were taken soon after a workout; and in combination with the low glucose, may indicate muscle fatigue at the time of blood collection for the test.
Having said that, may I suggest that your boy stay off further exercise until all other test results are in, especially since he has recently had several blackouts.

Best regards.
General & Family Physician Dr. Gopal Krishnam Raju's  Response
i guess hes doing too much for 15yrs ask him to relax for couple of days and eat nicely he will be fine :)